Saturday, August 30, 2008

I Want My Mommy

I have finally been hit by some mysterious illness that was either caused by food poisoning or by a flu virus. Either way, it wasn’t a pleasant thing to go through. I will spare you the symptoms, but as of this writing I have at least gotten through 2 of 4. It is interesting how being ill always makes me think of one thing, "I wish I was home in my own bed, and my mom was taking care of me." It seems whenever I feel ill it always comforts me to think of my mother, my youth, the caring, the love I felt. Perhaps that is what life is all about after all, nurturing and love. I wonder if we lose that nurturing aspect as we grow older. Or if perhaps we only think about it in terms of our family, but never extend it further. It is something I am going to think about more, as I think it is only possible by seeing us as all connected.

No comments: