Saturday, August 16, 2008

My Family is Wonderful

So here I am. It is my son’s birthday, my family is making a dinner and I sit on my bed and write a blog. How do I feel about this? I am sad as I feel I am missing a part of life that is important to me. I love my family, they are wonderful people and it is hard to be here and not interact on a regular basis. I am fortunate that they have such wonderful capabilities as humans, caring, compassionate. Could I ask for more?

I am also happy. Happy that regardless of where I am, I know that they continue being the people they are. I am certain that my wife and my children will continue to bring joy and help others regardless of whether I am there or not. I feel that I have contributed to their lives. How can one ask for more, other than adding value to a person’s life?

My path leads me I know not where, but knowing that I have the love of my family, that no matter what they understand and hold no ill will, makes me feel that I am the most fortunate person in the world. Slowly I am losing the fear that I can do no more for my family and realize that it is me that they love, not the money or security I may have brought them. I realize the love I hold for them is the most important thing, and I desire to expand and share that love with those who never had someone in their life who cared.

After all, aren’t we all just one big family? Shouldn’t we all support each other on our quests and searches, with no judgments? My family has shown me the depth of this belief. It’s what I believe we each have to do with our daily interactions. Only then can this world achieve peace. Only then can we provide true help to those who need others. Done from our heart, in the same way we would help family, not because of trying to do good for others, but because we would never let our family down.

No comments: