Monday, November 3, 2008

Flurry of Activity

This weekend I had an enjoyable time working at a haunted house. No Mercy General Hospital to be exact. Needless to say I lost my voice doing a maniacal laugh, and stayed up much too late to actually feel rested. But it was fun. I followed people around staring at them in a blank look sort of way. It did a good job of creeping people out. Also this weekend someone broke into our office and stole 3 computers. This after a few days earlier breaking into another La Puente office and stealing 2 computers and a monitor. The police officer also told me that this weekend a church was broken into and computers were stolen. Again perhaps a sign of our economic times. I suppose they figured the bank's computers were probably in hock!!! My wife also needed to take my daughter to the emergency ward. I won't go into details, but she is doing fine now and should be up and back to work within a few days at the most. So lots of things happened, and I assume lots more are happening. I continue to become acclimated, we did get a new (for us at least) stove since we were down to one burner. This allows actually for a bit more flexibility in meals as one can cook multiple things at once.
I guess life continues to show itself as an unpredictable force. We can try to make it smooth and easy, but it will do as it may. Our way only gets bumpy if we try to resist. I know for myself that I need to learn to ride the wave, shoot the curl in surfer terms (we in the midwest surf alot you know). I will only drown if I try to go against such a mighty force.
Love all. I miss seeing your smiling faces. Hope all is well.
p.s. check out the pictures in the folder labeled Migrant Workers on my picture site. They were taken by a volunteer Brandy West and is a good depiction of the migrant workers doing lettuce harvest. My fingers would be gone with those knives.

No comments: