Saturday, November 22, 2008

Just Saying Hi

It's been an interesting week. I have enjoyed getting out a bit more, and thoroughly enjoyed some wonderful conversations with new friends. Our Christmas concert is December 7th so there is much rehearsal for that. Work is the same old thing. I find ways to keep busy, people keep coming for assistance. My attitudes towards this has changed somewhat. I am still convinced that we don't do much more than enable people to continue to live in an unhealthy manner. As I said before there are those who really need the help, and really want to help themselves, and there are those who have come to take the assistance and work it into their annual budget. There isn't enough continuity in a volunteer organization, nor enough money, to track and help these people change. Not sure what the answer is.

That's it for now. Thanks for the responses on the truth question. I think Sheri did a fine job in categorizing truths, but I think my main point in bringing it up is the concept of relative truth. I do believe in an absolute truth, but our life is obscured with the relative ones. That is why we can never "know" an absolute truth but can certainly live within one if we recognize and live out of the love in our hearts, and not the relative truth of the mind. Love is the key that opens all doors. Love to you all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Back to "truth" here are 2 quotes from Hesse, that I really, really like and think speak to the nature of "relative truth".

"The deity is within you, not in ideas and books. Truth is lived, not taught."

HERMANN HESSE, The Glass Bead Game

"I wanted only to try to live in accord with the promptings which came from my true self. Why was that so very difficult?"

HERMANN HESSE, Demian: The Story of Emil Sinclair's Youth, 1919

MWHA! Tina

FullaLove said...

My viewpoint on truth:

"Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than you."

Coincidentally, Dr. Seuss and I seem to share the same opinion on the matter.


Thank you LORD, dad has changed his layout. My eyes thank you.

<3

Anonymous said...

"To me, cheating just means you care about winning."

-Red Green