Saturday, December 6, 2008

Where to Start?

There are just so many directions I could go with this blog, I am not sure where to begin. It has been busy, and yet not. At least a couple nights a week were taken up by rehearsal. Our show will be "entertaining". Just wish I could get a video of it. As a hint, I actually get two measures of singing as Elvis (or my interpretation of such). If I am allowed to get away with that, one can imagine the rest. Singing has felt good though, and I am looking forward to performing once again.

I have been thinking a lot about what my lessons are here in this remote valley of the lost. There is a sense of isolation here that I never would of thought possible to find so close to home. It is not because of the remoteness of the place, but more the feel of the area. I guess I realize now that I get my energy from people. Many people here are nature energy people. I love being out in nature and enjoying the power of the earth, but my primary driver is people. The energy coming from people here is confusing at the least. The sense of order and peace is extremely different than that in the Twin Cities.

I suppose that is something I need to comprehend. I came here as most of you know to "let go" (I seem to be using a lot of quotes in this blog) and to hopefully discover that next step I need to try. I suppose I was hoping for answers again to pop up in my heart, but now I know that all I can do is keep being open to paths that open up. My wonderful daughter is so correct in quoting Dr. Suess
"Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than you."
That is such a living in the present moment thing. I am who I am right now. I miss Mr. Theodore Geissel, for he had such insight that he could express so simply, unlike this current writing of mine.

So I often ask myself, "what is my lesson, what am I learning?" I think I am learning not to ask those questions. Most of what I am learning is impossible to write in words. It is about perceptions, feelings, energy. It is not about proverbs or directions. I am learning to appreciate all the me that I am, discovering feelings inside that defy definition, yet changes each day. Perhaps there is more to my atomic chemistry theory than I thought. I also know that each day is precious, that focusing on laughter and love is much better than focusing on sadness, pain, and fear. And that the world isn't about me and my happiness but just is what it is each day.

Oh well, thanks for reading my ramblings. I appreciate the responses. I am more and more aware that all of you add value to my life and my life is better because of your existence. I hope the day will come that we all see our connections to each other and Mother Earth clearly without any fear. Jeez, I feel like an old hippie now.

No comments: