Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Random Christmas Thoughts

Check out the Christmas photos from our Christmas party. They are quite entertaining (at least to me). I had a wonderful visit with my wife, even though I worked her pretty hard getting ready for the party and all. She give me some things to ponder as she can see things here in the valley that I can't. As always, her special friendship is something I will always cherish.

I have been thinking a bit about Christmas, and feel that in a way it is a lot like Obama's election. A time of renewed hope, and a feeling that maybe the world can get started down a road of peace. I only hope that we don't get jaded to quickly with Mr. Obama, and we give him time to make a difference. Many have given up on Christianity because of the way the messages have been warped by those in power. Let's hope what so many people feel is a new era doesn't get warped before it can take a strong foothold into our culture.

I am somewhat tired of pondering life as I do too often, and am feeling more and more comfortable just leaving things be and enjoying the moment. I know I have said this often but I find myself actually not thinking at times and wondering what is happening. Amazing.

I do know that I am not really cut out to service people in this manner my whole life. I keep thinking about the big picture and what really causes the problems in the first place. I believe I need to be somewhere that I can affect public policy or action. I guess I am not cut out to be a follower. Many of you already knew this about me, but I think I can finally admit it to myself. I believe I have a lot to offer in helping facilitate change, but the trick will be discovering the proper venue.

Speaking of venue, the Mellotones spring show is starting practice in January. Should be a good one. I believe the performance is in March if anyone would like to come down for this show of shows.

Hope you all have a Merry Christmas, but more importantly have a joyous present moment (and the next and the next) for the rest of your present moment life. Peace to all of you and my wish is that humankind can start seeing that death and destruction is not the true road to happiness and power. When will we tire of killing? Not a happy way to end so one more time, love to you all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Wayne!! Thanks for the blog and the pictures, a great gift ALL the time!

Mark