Thursday, February 26, 2009

Two Weeks Ago

Two weeks ago I posted my last blog entry. I have had the honor since then of traveling home and seeing those who I hold dear. An odd thing occurred in this trip home though. I kind of went through a "reverse" culture shock. I realize how accustomed I have become to the lack of stress I have here in the valley. It was amazing to come home and think about where I needed to be when, traveling miles upon miles to get there, and then think about the next day. Though it doesn't create stress for me, it certainly was interesting to experience the feeling as if it was new. I enjoyed my visit immensely though. Seeing all my friends and family made me realize just how lucky I am to have such an amazing support network.

I also think I am ready to begin actually living in the valley. Being home made me realize that I came here not to miss home, but to discover about myself and my future path. I know now that I have turned a corner and really want to dig in and see what I can do, both for myself and La Puente.

This morning I had another bit of the voices speaking to me again. The ones who told me I had to "let go" have now returned and told me I need to "expand". I can only guess I will understand that over time, the way "let go" became clear to me over the course of the last year. I believe I need a teacher or guide now, something I wouldn't admit to before, so it will be interesting to see what happens in the next few months.

Love you all. Thanks to all those who traveled specifically to see me. I wish I could of seen Krista, but she was gallivanting in the sun. Please be safe and happy. Remember that actions speak louder than words, and though we may say what we believe, it is much harder to live it. Peace, love, and loads of happiness.

No comments: