Sunday, March 15, 2009

I Am Sore

Not angry sore mind you. My body is sore. I worked yesterday with a workgroup of 9th graders and we worked really hard. We broke up several slabs of concrete, all taking much lifting and swinging of sledges. It felt really good to do heavy labor. Always invigorating to be outside. But my body responded this morning with many complaints.

So I have decided to do nothing today but sit in my pajamas, play games, and tip a few brews. Since it is so wonderful out, I did splurge and hang my clothes on the line to dry. And I will need to open my porch door to enjoy the beauty of the day. But all this will be done with minimum movement.

Is this all I have to say? I think so. Generally life is good. I am happy doing what I can do here. Not sure what that will amount to in the long run, but for now it is enough to take each day with joy. My contemplations on things tend to be pretty minimum these days. I have formed new ideas and opinions, but am no closer to defining what to do about them than I was 20 years ago. But that is okay, as I now feel that I understand a little better that which I over-intellectualized.

Love to you all.

No comments: