Friday, January 16, 2009

I Was Surprised

This week we spent some time on a retreat. All the volunteers were there. I was anticipating a relatively frustrating experience, but as the days went on realized that we all have come a long way in understanding a bit more about our situation here. It created a cool experience, and again taught me not to anticipate. Luckily I didn't hold on to that anticipation and was able to thoroughly enjoy the company of those on the retreat. We stayed at a spectacular house overlooking Creede and I posted several pictures of the view and the interior of this house. Hope you enjoy seeing them.

Joe and I created a great sled run down the hill. It was insane the speed one could accumulate going down the hill right outside the house. I haven't laughed over just pure insanity for a while and it felt good, even though my legs were gone after the trek up the hill.

I am looking forward to being home and am hoping that I can stop in and see many of you at Wells Fargo on Thursday, with maybe a little happy hour after. I am feeling more and more comfortable now with my life here, and have no doubt that where ever I go in the future I will be ever more present and enjoy each little interaction for the peace it can bring a life.

Happy trails dear friends.

No comments: